Life is a game, and the player opposite you is TIME. If you hesitate before moving, or neglect to move thoughtfully and decisively, your pieces will be wiped off the board by TIME. You are playing against a partner who will not tolerate INDECISION!
Think and Grow Rich is one of the few books I have lost count of the number of times I have read and listened to the book. It is by far one of the most influential book have ever read as it contains lost of wisdom and insights; each look or reading of the books makes the point clearer.
Think and Grow Rich was first published in 1937 by Napoleon Hill during the Great Depression, and it has sold more than 15 million copies to date. The book was the suggestion of one of the richest men in the world at the time, business magnate Andrew Carnegie.
Think and Grow is based on the Author Napoleon Hill’s twenty years study of successful individuals in that era such as Andrew Carnegie, Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, George Eastman, Theodore Roosevelt, Elbert Hubbard among others. His study is distilled as 13 principles contained in the book as the “Philosophy of Achievement”. They are:
- DESIRE : THE STARTING POINT OF ALL ACHIEVEMENT
- FAITH: VISUALIZATION OF, AND BELIEF IN ATTAINMENT OF DESIRE
- AUTO-SUGGESTION : THE MEDIUM FOR INFLUENCING THE SUBCONSCIOUS MIND
- SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE: PERSONAL EXPERIENCES OR OBSERVATIONS
- IMAGINATION:: THE WORKSHOP OF THE MIND
- ORGANIZED PLANNING: THE CRYSTALLIZATION OF DESIRE INTO ACTION
- DECISION : THE MASTERY OF PROCRASTINATION
- PERSISTENCE : THE SUSTAINED EFFORT NECESSARY TO INDUCE FAITH
- POWER OF THE MASTER MIND” THE DRIVING FORCE
- THE MYSTERY OF SEX TRANSMUTATION
- THE SUBCONSCIOUS MIND : THE CONNECTING LINK
- THE BRAIN: A BROADCASTING AND RECEIVING STATION FOR THOUGHT
- THE SIXTH SENSE:THE DOOR TO THE TEMPLE OF WISDOM
SUCCESS REQUIRES NO APOLOGIES, FAILURE PERMITS NO ALIBIS.
Here are my favourite take-aways from reading Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill: