In his book Building a StoryBrand, American author and public speaker Donald Miller presents the StoryBrand 7 Part Framework inspired by principles of storytelling. The SB7 Framework is a seven-step formula designed to help businesses streamline their marketing strategy by clarifying their message. With the SB7 Framework, you have the power to eliminate confusion, connect with customers, and grow your business.
“Think of the StoryBrand Framework as a recipe for a loaf of bread. Failure is like salt: use too much and you’ll ruin the flavor; leave it out and the recipe will taste bland. Regardless, the point is this: your story needs stakes.”
The StoryBrand 7 Part Framework is based on the hero journey which can be seen in most stories(movies)
- Every story starts with a character who wants something.
- A problem gets in the way of the character getting what they want.
- The character encounters a guide who can help them overcome their problem and get what they want.
- The guide gives the character a plan and…
- Calls them to action.
- By taking that action, the character avoids failure and
- Helps them achieve success