Self-discipline is the ability to do what you should do, when you should do it, whether you feel like it or not. – Elbert Hubbard,
It takes self-discipline to follow through on your commitments, forming new habits, having a daily routine, setting goals, and executing on ideas. Without self-discipline, achieving our most significant goals can not be made. It takes self-discipline to plan, stay consistent and run towards your ideals and aspirations. Like Les Brown often says, if you do what is hard, your life would be easy, but if you do what is easy, your life would be hard.
Staying consistent with goals such as running a marathon, 100 Book Challenge, 50 Audiobooks Challenge, or stretching targets like skydiving or climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro requires a lot of self-discipline with consistency and determination, they are all achievable goals.
Here are some great quotes on self discipline:
- “The successful person has the habit of doing the things failures don’t like to do. They don’t like doing them either necessarily. But their disliking is subordinated to the strength of their purpose.” – E.M. Gray
- “With self-discipline most anything is possible.” -Theodore Roosevelt
- “Winners embrace hard work. They love the discipline of it, the trade-off they’re making to win. Losers, on the other hand, see it as a punishment. And that’s the difference.” – Lou Holtz
- “A disciplined mind leads to happiness, and an undisciplined mind leads to suffering.” – Dalai Lama
- “I could only achieve success in my life through self-discipline, and I applied it until my wish and my will became one.” – Nikola Tesla