I would be reading 100 books in 2020 and this post is for public pressure and documentation. I tried reading 100 books for the first time in 2016 and also tried it in 2017, also started in 2018 but had to stop in February 2018 because I was making some life changing decisions.
Here is the scorecard for the previous Book Challenges:
Goal: Read 100 Hardcover Books
Outcome: Read 50+ Books by December 31st 2016
Goal: Read 100 Books from my Amazon Kindle.
Outcome: Read 80+ Books by December 31st 2017
Goal: Read 100 Books from my Amazon Kindle
Outcome: Read 10+ but stopped to make & execute some life decisions (Relocation et al)
Did not set the goal to read 100 Books but read some books : was not counting but I guess I read 20+ books all year round.
Goal: Read 100 Books by December 31st, 2020
Strategy: Borrow the books from the Public Library.
Here is a breakdown of the books have read in 2020 thus far:
- Relentless: True Story Of the Man Behind Rogers Communications by Ted Rogers
- MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom by Tony Robbins
- Tools and Weapons: The Promise and the Peril of the Digital Age by Brad Smith
- Broke Millennial: Stop Scraping By and Get Your Financial Life Together by Erin Lowry
- The Infinite Game by Simon Sinek
- Unshakeable: Your Financial Freedom Playbook by Tony Robbins
- Stillness Is the Key by Ryan Holiday
February 2020 – 9
- Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder by Arianna Huffington
- Artificial Intelligence: Modern Magic or Dangerous Future? by Yoris Wilkis
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth by T. Harv Eker
- 12 Rules of Life: An Antidote to Chaos by Jordan B. Peterson
- The Next Millionaire Next Door: Enduring Strategies for Building Wealth by Thomas J. Stanley Ph.D
- Rethinking Reputation: How PR Trumps Marketing and Advertising in the New Media World by Fraser P. Seitel
- Factfulness: Ten Reasons We’re Wrong About the World — and Why Things Are Better Than You ThinkBook by Anna Rosling Rönnlund
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin
- Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and into Your Life (Unfu*k Yourself series) by Gary John Bishop
March 2020 -11
April 2020 – 9
- How to Lead When Your Boss Can’t (or Won’t) by John C. Maxwell
- Put Your Dream to the Test: 10 Questions to Help You See It and Seize It by John C. Maxwell
- Thinking for a Change: 11 Ways Highly Successful People Approach Life and Work by John Maxwell
- The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles by Steven Pressfield
- The Dip: A Little Book That Teaches You When to Quit (and When to Stick) by Seth Godin
- Art of the Start 2.0: The Time-Tested, Battle-Hardened Guide for Anyone Starting Anything. by Guy Kawasaki
- The Ride of a Lifetime: Lessons Learned from 15 Years as CEO of the Walt Disney Company by Bob Iger
- The 80/20 Principle: The Secret to Achieving More with Less by Richard Koch
- Do the Work: Overcome Resistance and Get Out of Your Own Way by Steve Pressfield
- Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind: Informal Talks on Zen Meditation and Practice by Shunryu Suzuki
- The Leadership Challenge: How to Make Extraordinary Things Happen in Organizations (J-B Leadership Challenge: Kouzes/Posner)
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
- Hustle Harder, Hustle Smarter by Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson
- A Complaint Free World by Will Bowen
- On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction by William Zinsser
- The Leadership Gap: What Gets Between You and Your Greatness by Lolly Daskal
- Daily Rituals: How Artists Work by Mason Currey
- Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence: by Vicki Robin, Joe Dominguez, Mr. Money Mustache
- No Excuses!: The Power of Self-Discipline by Brain Tracy
- On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King
- Rising Strong: How the Ability to Reset Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brené Brown
- The Courage to Be Disliked: The Japanese Phenomenon That Shows You How to Change Your Life and Achieve Real Happiness by Ichiro Kishimi & Fumitake Koga
- The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done by Peter Drucker
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
- 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think by Laura Vanderkam
- The Gift: Creativity and the Artist in the Modern World by Lewis Hyde
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Power of Positive Leadership by Jon Gordon
- I Will Teach You to Be Rich, No Guilt. No Excuses. No BS. Just a 6-Week Program That Works by Ramit Sethi
- The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr. and E.B. White
- The Top Five Regrets of the Dying by Bronnie Ware
- She Said: Breaking the Sexual Harassment Story That Helped Ignite a Movement by Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey
- The Gift of Fear and Other Survival Signals that Protect Us From Violence by Gavin de Becker
- Irresistible: The Rise of Addictive Technology and the Business of Keeping Us Hooked by Adam Alter
- Remote: Office Not Required by Jason Fried
- Chess Not Checkers: Elevate Your Leadership Game by Mark Miller
- Everything Is Figureoutable by Marie Forleo
- How life Imitates Chess by Gary Kasparov
- Developing the Leader Within You 2.0 by John C Maxwell
1. Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott
2. Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, HER Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed by Lori Gottlieb
3. The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime! by MJ DeMarco
4. The Score Takes Care of Itself: My Philosophy of Leadership by Bill Wash
5. Made In America by Sam Walton.
6. Smarter Faster Better: The Transformative Power of Real Productivity by Charles Duhigg.
- Ten Arguments for Deleting Your Social Media Accounts Right Now by Jaron Lanier.
- The Catalyst: How to Change Anyone’s Mind by Jonah Berger
- The Intelligence Trap: Why Smart People Make Dumb Mistakes by David Robson
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable by Seth Godin.
- Grinding it Out: The Making of McDonald’s by Ray Kroc
- Anger: Taming a Powerful Emotion by Gary Chapman.
- Wisdom at Work: The Making of a Modern Elder by Chip Conley.
- Radical Acceptance: Awakening the Love that Heals Fear and Shame by Tara Brach.
- Radical Candor: How to Get What You Want by Saying What You Mean by Kim Scott
- Writing Down the Bones: Freeing the Writer Within by Natalie Goldberg.
- Invent and Wander: The Collected Writings of Jeff Bezos, With an Introduction by Walter Isaacson, Jeff Bezos (Contributor)
- Trillion Dollar Coach: The Leadership Playbook of Silicon Valley’s Bill Campbell by Eric Schmidt, Jonathan Rosenberg, Alan Eagle
- Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life: Life-Changing Tools for Healthy Relationships by Marshall Rosenberg
- How I Built This: The Unexpected Paths to Success from the World’s Most Inspiring Entrepreneurs by Guy Raz.
- Late Bloomers: The Power of Patience in a World Obsessed with Early Achievement by Rich Karlgaard.
- Blue Ocean Strategy by W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne
- Winners Take All: The Elite Charade of Changing the World by Anand Giridharadas